Pelvic Support Disorders at OBGYN Clinic in Chicago, IL
Learn About The Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment For Pelvic Support Disorders At Center For Gynecology And Cosmetics. We Are Conveniently Located At 820 W Jackson Blvd #310 Chicago, Il 60607. Make An Appointment Online Or Call Us At (312) 651-6886!
Many women’s pelvic organs change as they age. The pelvic tissues and ligaments may become weak as a result of age, pregnancy or childbirth. This may cause organs to slip out of place – for example, a uterine prolapse occurs when the tissues and ligaments surrounding the uterus are weakened, causing the uterus to slide down into the vagina.
CENTER FOR GYNECOLOGY AND COSMETICS provides diagnosis and treatment of pelvic support disorders.
- Feeling of pelvic heaviness or as though something is falling out
- Pulling or aching feeling in the lower abdomen or pelvis
- Leakage of urine or problems having a bowel movement
Types of Pelvic Support Disorders
- Cystocele – bladder prolapse
- Rectocele – rectum prolapse
- Uterine prolapse
- Vaginal vault prolapse
- Kegel and pelvic floor exercises
- Medical therapy
- Support devices (pessaries)
- Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy
- Surgical repair