SkinPen at Center for Gynecology & Obstetrics in Chicago, IL
SkinPen is a minimally invasive, in-office, skin rejuvenation treatment that improves fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and other conditions by stimulating your skin’s natural ability to repair itself.
Available only through skin care professionals, SkinPen is a medical-grade, state-of-the-art precision tool that works by creating a series of microscopic channels into the skin to stimulate production of new collagen and elastin. Your skin will look and feel healthier with little or no downtime!
SkinPen is extremely versatile and can be used on all parts of the body and all on skin types. SkinPen is a micro skin treatment designed to stimulate your skin’s natural ability to repair itself.By creating a series of hundreds of vertical microscopic channels into the dermis (the top layer of your skin), SkinPen stimulates the natural production of new collagen and elastin – producing excellent skin rejuvenation results with little or no downtime. Your skin will look and feel healthier!
As the safest, most effective vertical microneedling device on the micro skin treatment market, SkinPen has many advantages:
- Minimally invasive and quick
- Performed in office with little or no downtime
- Superior safety profile
- Can be used on all skin types
- Treats fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and many other skin texture conditions
- Can be used on all parts of the body including face, neck, décolletage, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back. This versatility makes SkinPen especially helpful when addressing acne scars on the back and stretch marks on the body
- Learn more about micro skin treatments with SkinPen today!
HOW SKINPEN WORKS
How SkinPen Microneedling Treatments Work
Our bodies have a natural repair and healing process that reacts to injury by producing new collagen and elastin. SkinPen initiates this injury response using microneedling – a technique that creates hundreds of temporary micro channels or openings in the skin without any thermal energy or skin removal. These are called fractionated injuries.
Benefits of Fractionated Approach
- The temporary micro channels allow for optimal delivery, penetration and diffusion of topical treatments into the skin
- Quick, safe and effective method to induce production of collagen that is non-ablative (no skin removal), requires no thermal energy and promotes quick, scar-free healing
- Safe for all skin types with no risk of fibrosis
- No significant downtime
What to Expect After Microneedling Treatments
Similar to mild sunburn, redness, swelling and tenderness may follow the procedure, but patients can expect no significant downtime with SkinPen. After just one day, patients may return to normal activities and are able to conceal most of the signs of treatment with makeup. Within days, there will be no evidence that any treatment was performed at all.
To learn more about the science behind SkinPen, Click Here.
SKINPEN SAFETY INFORMATION
SkinPen’s unique microneedling technology safely improves and regenerates damaged or aging skin by utilizing the natural approach to skin therapy. Our bodies have a natural repair and healing process that reacts to injury by producing new collagen and elastin. By initiating this response, SkinPen harnesses the skin rejuvenation process while providing the best microneedling safety precautions on the market.
A Safe and Superior Collagen Treatment
The lightweight and ergonomic design of the SkinPen in conjunction with the vertical delivery of the needles allows physicians/skin care providers to use the device to treat hard-to-reach places that other dermal rollers cannot. The SkinPen can specifically target delicate areas around the eyes, nose and mouth to safely stimulating new collagen production.
SkinPen uses sterile, disposable needle cartridges that deliver multi-speed and adjustable depths to accommodate all skin types and needs. This specific combination of design and technology increases the effectiveness of treatments and reduces pain and patient downtime.
- Exhaust port prevents suction and reduces risk of broken capillaries
- Bio Sleeve technology eliminates cross contamination by preventing fluids from leaking beyond the microneedle cartridge
- 12 sterile medical grade needles
Microneedling Results with SkinPen
Since everyone’s genetic makeup and needs are different, treatment requirements and SkinPen results will vary. The number of sessions required and the depth of treatment will depend on what goals/results you would like to achieve.
Custom Sessions Produce Desired Results
While multiple sessions are recommended to achieve optimal microneedling results, noticeable changes are typically seen just one week following treatment and gradually improve as the body’s healing process promotes the production of healthy, new cells and extracellular substances (e.g., collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid).
Patients with uneven skin-tone and fine lines may see SkinPen results after just one treatment, while those looking to soften the appearance of acne scarring may require several treatments.
- Minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne/body scars
- Reduce pore size
- Produce radiant, even-toned skin